The wound cleaning process has to be performed with special care as otherwise, it can prove to be counterproductive. However, it is also very important to clean the wound immediately as an
unclean wound can cause serious trouble for people and lead to various unforeseen
circumstances. On the other hand, a wound that has been cleaned heals more quickly and does
not result in further complication for the person. Similarly, some wounds are susceptible to
causing infection, which can be a source of major concern. Therefore, it is important to understand the wound cleaning process and other important aspects related to it in order to take corrective measures in case of a situation. In this article, we will explain the process to examine wounds, which will help in the decision-making process. Subsequently, we will also explain a standard wound cleaning process so that people can make the right choices when there is an emergency.
How to carefully examine a wound?
There are wounds of different nature depending upon their severity. Therefore, it is important for people to make a good judgment about its nature in order to avail the recommended help related to it. Some of the aspects that people should consider in order to examine the nature of the
wound are as follows:
- The first thing to consider is the amount of blood that is flowing out. Similarly, it is also important to consider the nature of blood flow that will give an idea about how deep the wound has affected.
- Sometimes when a wound appears due to coming in contact with foreign objects then the residue of the object will also stick inside the wound. These foreign objects can be a source of major concern as they can cause severe damage in case they are not immediately removed.
- The presence of dirt and debris should also be considered for determining the nature of the wound.
- Sometimes, the inside bone also gets damaged and in such cases immediately the attention of
the medical physician will be required to perform wound cleaning.
- It is also important to consider the cause of the injury as in some cases, it is highly important to seek medical help in order to solve the problem. For example, if the person has been injured due to an animal attack then it can lead to an infection if the person does not seek immediate medical attention.
Steps involved in the process to clean a casual wound
We recommend that in case of an injury the person should seek the help of a doctor especially when the nature of the wound is severe. However, in some cases, the person can also take some measures in order to clean the wound and avoid it from causing more complications. The steps
involved in the process to clean a wound are as follows:
- In the first step, determine the nature of the wound and make a decision whether it can be cleaned without requiring doctor’s help.
- If the answer is affirmative then look for any foreign objects that may be present in the injury area.
- Remove foreign objects and stop the flow of blood by putting a cloth over it.
- After sometime when the bleeding stops, clean the wound with the help of water.
- Let it dry completely afterward.
- Now, place a bandage over the wound so that the healing process can start.
- Keep changing the bandage after 12-24 hours and continue assessing the progress of the cleaning process.