At homes, we regularly have to perform the Teflon cleaning process since a majority of the
kitchenware items are mostly manufactured using this material. Since the kitchenware items are
used to cook food or serve it, therefore, over the course of time it may start to accumulate food residue, oil, and stains. Therefore, it is important to perform a regular Teflon cleaning process in order to protect the kitchenware items from getting severely dirty. In this article, we will explain a process that the readers can perform at home in order to clean their Teflon kitchenware.
Supplies required to perform the Teflon cleaning process
In order to effectively perform the Teflon cleaning process, the following supplies should be available:
- Cleaning agent: An appropriate cleaning agent or a dishwasher should be used in order
to perform the process in an effective manner. Natural cleaning agents such as vinegar or
baking soda is also useful for the purpose.
- A cleaning Brush: Dedicated cleaning brushes are available in the market for cleaning
Teflon items. An appropriate brush should be used in order to remove sticky substances and stains from the item.
General cleaning of Teflon items
We recommend that general cleaning of Teflon items should be performed on a regular basis in order to protect them for a long time. The readers may not have to perform the deep cleaning of the items if they carry out general cleaning on a regular basis. Clean items give an excellent look of the kitchen, which is also an added incentive to perform the Teflon cleaning process. The
steps involved in the process are as follows:
- Remove large pieces of food present on the surface of the item. In order to remove the food substance, shake the item for some time.
- Now rinse the item with the help of water so that the sticky substances could lose their bond with the surface of the item. In case the sticky substance does not lose its bond with
the surface of the item then we recommend using hot water for the purpose.
- Apply the cleaning agent on the item and spread it to all areas with the help of a brush.
- Now, gently rub the items with the help of a brush so that the sticky substance starts to
- Continue the process until the Teflon item is completely clean.
- Dry the item completely in the end.